About the hall
The village hall is located in the centre of Natland (LA9 7QQ), just to the north of the village green.
The hall may be hired for regular use by community groups, or for meetings, fund-raising events and private functions. The premises are licensed for live music performance (PRS) and for the playing of recorded music (RM). Sale of alcoholic drinks is not allowed on the premises.
Two rooms are available, either together or separately, and there is a well-equipped kitchen which can be used in conjunction with room hire. All rooms are on the same level, with easy access for disabled users.
· Large hall: 8.1m x 16.5m with sprung floor marked out for badminton, and access to small enclosed outdoor play area. Maximum numbers permitted - 100 people if set up with tables, otherwise 130.
· Small hall: 5.1m x 10m with serving hatch to kitchen. Maximum 50 people permitted – though not bookable for children’s parties with more than 25.
Both halls have a hearing induction loop system and high-intensity lighting for specialist activities.
Volunteers on the Management Committee, chaired by Paul Want, are responsible for the day-to-day running of the building and deal with all hiring matters and maintenance of the building. In addition to events held by others, the Committee organises its own fundraising and social events – an annual Fun Quiz and Hotpot Supper, an Art Exhibition and a Craft Fair.
Charges (from 1st August 2014)
· Standard hourly rates, including use of the kitchen for preparing refreshments:
· Discount of 25% on total hourly charges applies for multiple bookings (4 or more sessions).
· Special sessional rates for community or charity fundraising events, giving exclusive use of the premises for up to 8 hours, £55 (£40 for local causes).
· Specialist or other activity outside the above, on application to the Booking Secretary.
For enquiries and bookings contact the Bookings Secretary (Sarah Roberts) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
· During school term-time, the mornings are entirely given over to use by Natland and Oxenholme Pre-school
· Regular user groups currently make substantial weekday use of the premises from September until April. During this period the large hall is currently available on Wednesday or Friday evenings; the small hall is regularly available on Friday afternoons, Friday evenings, and also on some Monday afternoons and evenings each month. From April onwards, there is additional scope for weekday bookings.
· At the weekends, except when there are Community events, the hall is available for hire to private individuals and groups. Click here to see the full diary of Village Hall activities. Organisers’ contact information for the regular activities in the hall can be found in the Parish Directory (click here to read or download).